CMH is dedicated to recruiting enthusiastic, qualified candidates possessing a growth mindset, that will join in our commitment of letting learning happen, naturally. We are proud to employ a faculty of certified Montessori teachers, with each educator a member of the American Montessori Society. We are also affiliated with and a member school of the Cincinnati Montessori Society. See below for our current career opportunities. We want to hear from you!
Children’s Meeting House Montessori School (CMH) is celebrating its 50th anniversary with the launch of our Middle School in fall of 2023. CMH is nestled on seven acres on the east side of Loveland, Ohio, surrounded by 90 acres of greenspace. Our pre-primary through upper elementary and future middle school students enjoy an environment where learning happens naturally. CMH is a member school of the American Montessori Society.
CMH is seeking a full-time Middle School Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year with an optimal start date of January 2023. The Middle School Teacher is responsible for developing and implementing our new Montessori Middle School, in collaboration with the established Middle School committee, School Director, fellow staff members, and current 6th grade students. Our Middle School will begin with 7th grade, adding an 8th grade in the fall of 2024. The Middle School program will be based on five pillars; Montessori philosophy, Nature, Entrepreneurship, Community, and social, emotional, academic learning (SEAL). The Middle School teacher will collaborate with Middle School students to create and maintain a community environment where all are encouraged to become their best self.
- Establish land-based Montessori Middle School Program
- Respectfully guide students as they complete their SEAL journey through Maria Montessori’s 3rd plane of development to discover “who am I”
- Embrace the transformation from childhood to adolescence providing a safe space for this transformation
- Engage each student’s head, hands and heart in purposeful activity
- Engage students with the Earth to teach social, economic, scientific, and historical studies
- Encourage valorization, the process of becoming a strong and worthy person, through meaningful work
- Guide the adolescent to function as part of the greater community through meaningful interactions on and off campus
- Encourage self reflection in daily activities and twice yearly evaluation
The Teacher is responsible, with the Director, for supervision of assistants, interns, curriculum specialist, parent volunteers and observers
Nature is part of CMH campus, Middle School Teacher position requires physical activities in a variety of weather conditions.
- Full time exempt
- Attendance required approximately one week prior to the beginning of the school year and one week after the end of the school year
- 8am to 3:30pm , additional meetings as required by the Director
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree in Montessori, desirable
- Secondary AMI/AMS certification required or in process, MACTE/IMC accredited programs
- Secondary experience preferred
- Curriculum vitae, teaching portfolio, letter of intent and transcripts as requested
- Growth mindset, curious, sense of humor, resilient, nature enthusiast
- Medical , dental/vision, life, long/short term disability, retirement, PTO, and child tuition reduction
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.